This program is designed for transfer to a bachelor´s degree in fine arts. The 40-credit Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) is completed within the degree to facilitate easy transfer.
This AFA degree will transfer from ARCC to:
-Winona State University
-University of WI-River Falls
-School of the Art Institute of Chicago
The AFA may transfer in part or in entirety to other baccalaureate
institutions. For assistance in program planning, or to explore
additional transfer options, students should pick up an updated transfer
guide for art majors in the Career Center and meet with an advisor.
By completing this program, students will achieve the following learning goals:
- Demonstrate a required level of creativity and technical proficiency in their medium.
- Demonstrate an ability to execute images that reflect their own ideas and concepts.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop a consistent body of work reflecting a concept/theme.
- Demonstrate a required level of critical evaluation of their own artwork.
- Understand the historical and cultural development of works of art throughout the ages from pre-history to the 21st Century.
- Communicate informed personal reactions to works of art.